We have a great program setup for the kids. Come check it out!
This race can be great fun for the kids with the proper support of the parents. Please remember:
- They are not timed.
- There is no prize for first place as all kids will receive a medal at the end.
- The “Two Bite Smores”are all in one heat, but they will not all go in the water at the same time! We will line them up about 10 – 15 at a time, and put them into the pool in waves (oldest to youngest). They are welcome to use swim aids except flippers.
- Parents please ensure that your childs bike is in proper working order, even if it has training wheels. Make sure the tires are pumped, handlebars aren’t loose, seats are attached and the chain works.
- Helmets and shoes must be worn and done up!
- They may put their shoes on at the edge of the pool, or at their bike, but they must be on and laced up before they get on their bike. Parents are welcome to help their child during transition.
- you are welcome to run along beside your child, and be extra careful if you run backwards to get a picture…you may run over another 2 bite smore.
Your race will begin around 12:30 p.m. There will be a pre-race info meeting outside the pool doors on the sidewalk at 12:20. Listen for the Two Bite Leaders with the megaphone. In the meeting the map will be reviewed and the info found under the Two- Bite Event Info tab. Attendance is not mandatory but if you have unanswered questions, here is your chance.
We will enter the pool in waves starting with the oldest first. So approximately (this is very approximate):
Age (years old) Time 8+ 12:30 pm 7 12:35pm 6 12:40 pm 5 12:50 pm 4 1:00pm 3 and younger 1:05 pm